Reporting directly to the Accounts Manager, with a dotted line relationship with the Chief Financial Officer, the Junior Accountant (Payables) will be required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Maintain accounts payables ledger, general and sub ledger accounts with respect to appropriate account classification.
- Review transaction dates and paid amounts in QuickBooks consistent with actual amounts paid via bank account entries, and account classification of payable amounts for completeness of all transactions.
- Liaise with Company banker to resolve discrepancies with bank accounts; particularly as it relates to debits observed or omitted to ensure completeness of monthly bank reconciliation as per internal accounting procedures.
- Maintain communication with Company banker on all matters pertaining to wire transfers that are initiated by the company.
- Maintain communication with all suppliers with particular focus on pay advice for which online or wire and other means of transfers are initiated.
- Ensure that suppliers are paid within their authorized payment terms.
- Ensure that all supplier payment information is inputted accurately and timely for payments to be made via wire transfer, in accordance with accounting best practices and internal directives.
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Banking and Finance/Corporate Finance or ACCA I or CAT.
- General understanding of forensic accounting is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent understanding of accounting with at least four (4) years of hands-on experience in accounting.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of and demonstrated experience with the QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Demonstrated familiarity with other Accounting Software.
- Must possess impeccable integrity.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Cost Management Control procedures and systems.
- Self motivated and can function without direct/constant supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.